Like the MamaLand Empire!

Have you joined the MamaLand Empire?
      ... and join my mailing list for biweekly Jewish parenting ideas - no spam, no ads, just me!

Friday, October 30, 2009

A full (short) sentence!

Me:  "Do you want butter on your bread?"
Gavriel Zev:  "Budder right here?"
 
Everything he says has a question mark on the end.
Still - a real sentence!
 
It's the first I've heard with more than 2 words, even though a linguist would probably argue that he hears "right here" together so often it's functioning as a single word in this context.
 
I guess that's why I don't hang out with a lot of linguists.

1 comment:

Abigail said...

This "sentence" is also lacking a verb!

Unless "butter" is the verb, being used non-transitively, and in the imperative -- i.e., "[you] butter [this bread] right here".

In which case: Awwwwww!