Like the MamaLand Empire!

Have you joined the MamaLand Empire?
      ... and join my mailing list for biweekly Jewish parenting ideas - no spam, no ads, just me!

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Wow, I never knew the world cared.

image

It is almost unbelievable how inured we have become to the “Like” buttons that follow us everywhere these days, begging for our all-important feedback on everything from a drive-thru meal eaten in passing (Like!) to a budget motel (1 star!) to a city (Budapest, 5 stars!) or even a hike (Grand Canyon, 2 stars!).

But the weather???

Weather.com apparently now lets me vote on the weather.  I didn’t actually click “Love,” by the way.  I was just hovering when I took this screenshot.  I do wonder, though… if enough people click “Ugh!,” what exactly will happen? 

Something like this, maybe:

image

But really, I don’t think we should mess with the universe quite to that extent…

2 comments:

jugglingpaynes said...

That is too funny!

Jennifer Tzivia MacLeod said...

Thanks. I was worried because it was so stupid and trivial, but I think I notice dumb stuff more when I'm going through major issues. :-)